Sound Infusion is an online platform that enables students to create original music compositions using digital samples of instruments from around the world. It encourages inquiry based learning that recognises the importance of nurturing student initiative. The inherent intersectionality of music with the Humanities and Social Sciences as well as with the General Capabilities of Intercultural Understanding, Critical and Creative Thinking and ICT Capability allows students to explore a range of curriculum priorities which can be folded into integrated learning activities.
The platform offers an environment for relatively open ended creative learning that allows students to combine music based activities with study in areas of HAAS. The combination of music and HAAS allows students to reflect their knowledge of history, geography and social sciences in a creative project.
The lesson plans that accompany Sound Infusion reflect the idea that music is at the centre of social experience and intersects with others aspect of human experience or knowledge. For example, by focusing on the music of certain countries, students can expand their knowledge of those counties by exploring complementary information about.
- Languages spoken
- Major religions
By Using Sound Infusion, students will:
- Create original compositions that can be exported and played on other devices
- Gain opportunities to learn about a variety of instruments that are not commonly heard
- Learn about the types of materials used to make musical instruments.
- Learn about the cultural and geographical origins of instruments.
- Learn about the different families of instruments
- Explore the relationship between music and culture
- Expand their conceptual understanding of music
- Gain opportunities to connect newly acquired information with existing knowledge in order to create new conceptual understandings.
Sound Infusion is a digital platform created by the IT developers at Cultural Infusion. The tool enables students to create compositions using the sounds of musical instruments from around the world. Sound Infusion is embedded with an archive of many thousands of sounds which give the user a variety of timbres and styles from which to choose. These assets are continually under review and the archive is continually expanding.